Looking for Paediatric Physiotherapy in Altona North?
Paediatric physiotherapists offer specialised care for children aged from newborn to the young adult. Paediatric physiotherapists work to improve children’s motor development, strength, range of motion, endurance, balance, and co-ordination. As the body undergoes rapid changes to both the musculoskeletal and nervous systems during these growth years, it is important that each child is treated with an individual approach that is appropriate to their stage of development. This is vastly different from the type of care delivered to adults.
For babies/early years
- Plagiocephaly (flattening of the head)
- Torticollis (neck stiffness)
- Issues of the hips and feet (hip dysplasia and positional talipes)
- Delayed motor milestones and developmental delay
- Toe walking
- Issues with breastfeeding and latching
- Issues with alignment of the hip, knee and foot (such as in-toeing, knock knees, flat feet)
- Issues with co-ordination, clumsiness or falls
- Toe walking
- Postural variations (such as scoliosis)
- Sports injuries and musculoskeletal pain (such as Severs’ Disease, Osgood-Schlatter’s, etc)
For all ages
- Rehabilitation after orthopaedic surgery (including corrective surgery for the spine and lower limb)
- Acquired Brain Injury (including traumatic brain injuries, stroke, etc)
- Diagnosed conditions and disabilities, including but not limited to Cerebral Palsy, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Down’s Syndrome, Neuromuscular diseases, Genetic disorders (such as Prader-Willi Syndrome)
We strive to offer the best in evidence-based physiotherapy services.
Paediatric physiotherapy appointments at Revive Physiotherapy and Pilates are typically 45 minutes long.
During the consultation, Laura will conduct a thorough interview of the child and/or their family and then use a physical examination to determine the cause of the child’s movement difficulties. Goals will then be developed in consultation with the child and their family, before a specific treatment plan is created depending on the child’s condition.
If you think your child may benefit from an assessment by our paediatric physio, don’t hesitate to contact us at Revive.